If you’re concerned about the costs, don’t be. When you create your ads, you can set a weekly budget and a monthly maximum. You may end up going over budget during the week to be able to obtain more leads, but Google won’t let you exceed your monthly maximum. This means you can keep the leads flowing and still control costs.
If you realize you’re frequently reaching your monthly maximum before the end of the month then you can increase your budget to obtain more leads. Just remember to slowly increase the budget so that you don’t overwhelm your staff or take on more work than you can handle.
8. What Do I Need to Get Started?
You need to do the following to get going with Google LSA:
1. Check that your location is eligible.
2. Undergo the screening and qualification process which involves a background, license, and insurance check (this can take weeks and possibly months).
The requirements to get started will vary, so make sure that you understand the process for your specific industry. You can view those requirements here.
9. How Do I Create a Local Service Ad?
Follow these five simple steps to create your first local home services ad:
1: Confirm your eligibility.
2: Establish your business profile by specifying your location and service.
3: Get a Google Guarantee by including license and insurance information and passing a background check.
4: Log in to the platform to establish your weekly budget.
5: Run your ads with a simple click and pause them as required.
10. How Are Local Services Ad Rankings Determined?
Not all ads are created equal. Google will display and rank your ad higher based on the following factors:
- The proximity of your business to a lead’s location
- Your operating hours
- Customer complaints—more complaints lead to a lower ranking
- Your volume of reviews and average review scores – (this is a big one!)
- How quickly you respond to customers inquiries
11. How Can I Make My Ad Stand Out?
- Listing your business location and operating hours
- Responding quickly to customer requests
- Delivering exceptional service, so customers leave positive reviews
- Not leaving reviews to chance – get more Google Local Services reviews by using Strategic Point Marketing’s Review Program:
- A unique review link you can share with customers
- The ability to ask for a review as soon as you’ve completed the service
- A review page so you can ask for reviews
12. How Do Google Local Services Reviews Affect LSA?
Both the average review score (rating) and the number of reviews affect Local Services Ads. Higher ratings and more reviews lead to better rankings.
13. Can I Dispute Charged Leads?
Yes. To dispute a charged lead, do the following:
1: Visit your lead inbox on your desktop.
2: Choose the menu icon found in the top right-hand corner.
3: Click “Dispute.”
4: Pick your reason for the dispute from the options listed. If yours isn’t listed, contact Local Services support.
14. Should I Hire an Agency to Manage My Google Local Services Ads?
Local Services Ads are simple to manage compared to other types of digital advertising. If you have a bit of time to experiment, we recommend setting up your first LSA without an agency. Just make sure you set a low budget and start with a small campaign.
If you’re ready to start a bigger campaign, or you’d like to manage Local Services Ads along with Google Ads, Facebook, and Instagram ads, then you can look into using an agency to manage your campaigns.
15. How Do I Book Jobs from Local Services Ads?
Local Services Ads allow you to collect and manage leads. But remember, these are just leads and not booked jobs. You can turn these leads into bookings in five simple steps:
1: Sign in to your Local Services Ads account.
2: Go to the “Leads” tab from the dashboard.
3: Select an individual lead to review all the details like location, type of job, etc.
4: Reply to a lead by emailing, texting, or calling (you can also decline the job).
5: Once you’ve confirmed the customer will be using your services, mark the lead as booked. You can do this within the Local Services Ad platform on the upper right corner of your inbox on desktop, or lower right corner on mobile.
Local Services Ads will bring in the leads, but you still need to close the deal. Be professional and contact the consumer quickly. Sitting on a lead may encourage them to seek out another service.
Basically, have a system in place for turning prospects into customers. That’s where a strategist like JRCMO comes in. He can assist in setting up lead flow and following up with prospective clients until they are a cold lead, or they are sold.
Think Local Services Ads can help you attract new business and win more jobs?
Give it a try. We’re here for you.